Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The last week......

It snowed here a lot where talking like 10 inches. Post shut down I don't know about the town. On Sunday I went out and started my truck and let it run while I cleaned it off. I turned it off and went up stairs to get the kiddos. We came down and got in when I went to start it dead as door knob. I was upset this is the third or forth time that the battery has died. The first two one of the boys Kray and then Joe left on a light. Anyways I decided it was a bad omen so we stayed home and didn't go anywhere. On Tuesday when the boys went back to school I decided it was time to go out. We where out of the basics bread, milk, and eggs. The staples of life. I got my neighbor to give us a jump. She pulled in beside us and the cables wouldn't reach. Bad omen #1. So I went and asked the other neighbor if  she could move her car so we could jump it from the other side. She was more then happy too but couldn't find her keys and been looking for almost 40 min when I knocked bad omen # 2. Katie found her keys and moved her car. Lisa moved her van around to the other side and got stuck bad omen # 3. We finally got her van unstuck and my battery charged good to go. I got in and let my vehicle warm up. All of the warning lights on I do mean all of them bad omen #4. I thought maybe it's just cold so I throw the baby in revers and back up, I start to drive and my power steering is gone bad omen # 5. So I drive around the block a couple of times it doesn't get better so back to the parking spot we go. I am so upset. My husband is gone and my truck is broke. Lisa was a life saver and took me to the store with her. Spencer was suppose to come home from the field on Thursday so he could go to the dentists. I told him that he should try to come home Wednesday to fix my car. And to my surprise they let him. We had to have the truck towed one of the belts was broken. They towed it and replaced all the belts, changed the oil, changed the air filter and who knows what else. On Thursday night about 6 he calls to say its all done. I am with Leah heading to a meeting. She takes me to the atm where I get money to pay them and then takes me to pick up our truck. I am so happy to have a running vehicle. On the way to my meeting the repair man calls and says I payed him to much. I payed him in dollars and he was quoting won. I was amazed at his honesty so on Friday we went and got the change back. 

Today I got to go in the Simulator with Spencer it was so cool to feel like I was flying. Spencer helped me a lot, when he let go of the controls I crashed. That's ok. We had a great time. He made the seat move it was crazy I felt like I was all over the place. I think if I was ever in a real helicopter that I would get motion sick. 

3 comments:

The Phipps said...

Sorry about all the trouble with you truck:( But hope it's getting better:) I don't know why you can't leave a comment on my blog:(

Katie Webb said...

Wow, I'm sorry you had so much bad luck! But I'm glad the car is fixed. I can't believe you have that much snow! We don't have any!

Rockelle said...

Maria edit out the photbucket thingy that has been deleted off your page!
Sorry about your car.....we just had to pay to get our ignition coil fixed on our van!
Then I got in an accident last night..
that sucked