Friday, August 6, 2010











Lily was born Jume 14 at 5:57 in the morning. I was having regular contractions all day on Sunday so I decided we had better go into the hospital. My friend Kristen came over and stayed with the kids. Spencer drove me to the hospital we got there and they did an ultrasound and exam I was only 1cm but 40 weeks so they let us stay. The gave us our room and gave me an iv. Spencer hooked up our apple tv which was a gift for being the most pregnant I have ever been. We told them that I have group B strep we tried to get them to understand but no luck. ( I was at a korean hospital.) We figured we'd try again once I was in more active labor. This was about 11pm Sunday night. We said goodnight and tried to sleep on the futon together because the hospital bed sucked. About 3 I woke up with regular contractions after dealing with them for awhile I woke Spencer up and had him go and get our stuff out of the van. Then he coached me throw the contractions. After the second one came two minutes apart we called the nurse and went to the laboring room about 5:30 am. She asked if I could walk and I said yes. We got most of the way there when I had to stop for a contraction. Then they brought a wheel chair that sat in and was wheeled the rest of the way. YOU are suppose to change into different shoes but we didn't stop and do that we got to the labor room where I climbed onto the table to be checked Spencer said I was going to be 5 cm I said if that was the case then I wanted drugs. I was 10 cm so off the table back into the wheel chair I went to go to the birthing room YES they have 3 different ROOMS. As we were going my water broke it sounded like a ballon popping and then there was water everywhere. Then we made it and I had to climb into a chair. After a couple of pushes Lily was born. I thought for sure they were going to drop her because of how they were holding her. Then they cleaned her and gave me my baby. I had torn a little and wanted to be numbed when they stitched me up but the doctor pretended she couldn't understand me. I say pretend because she was the doctor when I came in and could communicate just fine. Lily weighed in at 8 lbs 4oz 20 1/2 inches long. She is our biggest baby by 1 oz. Afterwards we went back to our room. I was able to keep Lily with me the whole time which was nice Koreans keep their babies in the nursery. Spencer went home and went with Joe and Christina to Joe's fathers day celebration. I was able to come home the next day and we took Lily to the boys classes. They loved being able to show off their new little sister. Spencer got 10 days of leave and he did a great job taking care of us. I'm grateful that everything went smoothly but I don't think I want to have a baby in a Korean hospital again. I want to be understood when I ask for something. I was very worried about the group b strep and wished I had gotten the medicine for it but they didn't know what it was. During my pregnancy they did some weird test as well. They did a test x-ray and pocked my ear to see how I bled. We were going to wait to find out what we were having but the x-ray tech told me at 36 weeks. I was so sad that I had made it so long with out finding out but very excited to be having a baby girl.
Lily is almost two months. The kids love her to pieces and our big helpers. I have loved having a baby in summer and being able to sleep in. Dillon is great about helping out. He makes breakfast and the boys do most of the cleaning. I go behind them a little to make it mom clean but it has saved me a lot of time. Lily is grumpy in the evenings and I think she has colic but is pretty good during the day probably because I carry her in the wrap I made because we seem to be on the go a lot with the older children. She will take a bottle if I pump which has been nice so I can go to the free movies with a friend and leave her with Spencer. She has started sleeping for 5 hours at night. I love the sleep.
I'm grateful that Heavenly Father has blessed me with a wonderful husband and five fantastic children. They make me happy each and every day even if I feel the need to eat a bowl of ice cream and relax every night after they go to bed.

No comments: