Thursday, June 19, 2008

mud daubers



So before Spencer left for SERE we were having a problem with wasp. I had him spray them and then destroy their nest. As he was knocking down their nest all these SPIDERS starting crawling out they looked nasty and scary. We weren't sure what they were so while he was gone to work I looked them up. The wasp are a species called mud daubers and what they do is catch spiders and sting them so they can't move that way their baby hatch they can eat the spiders. It said that they normally prefer widows. The Spiders that we saw didn't look like a widow but the next day we found a brown widow and they were the same spider. They just looked different because they had been tortured by the mud daubers.

1 comment:

Katie Webb said...

we have a HUGE mud dauber next in our window and I thought it was wasps too. I never looked them up though. So I guess the nest is full of spiders?