Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Gratitude

I just finished reading a great book (Twisted Creek) by Jodi Thomas. It was about this community of misfits who all ate alone but soon came to learn the importance of true friendship but it was there all along. As I finished the book I cam to realize that I have been takeing granted of my best blessings. My family and friends. I have been to quick to get upset and to slow to love them. I hope that in the futuer I will do better and they will know that they are the most important things in my life.
Tonight I was upset that Dillon and Kray wanted to wear their uniforms to practice instead of staying in the clothes they had on. Did it matter no. Joe forget to wear shoes or choose not to I had him sit in the car until he would wear Krays sandles that where too big and walk over by me. He finnally did it and then do you know what happened he took them off and played in the dirt with Christina. He is such a good big brother and I should have know that he was going to take them off and play in the dirt.
You know one of the great things about living day after day is that I get a chance to do better tomorrow. I can hug them a little longer read more books. I can't wait tell in the morning when I can tell them that I love them in deed and with my words. They are truley one of the my greatest blessings. I can live my life everyday to show them how special they are.

1 comment:

msfears said...

That's sweet, and a good lesson for all of us. Hope you guys are doing well. Let us know the next time you come to ATL.